The crankset is the heart of the new 1x Ekar system, with its optimised gearing ratios, sensitively spaced across a wide range.
Of course, the single chainring is simple to use – no front mech, significantly reduced weight, fewer moving parts to collect dirt or clog, and providing high chain security, with no wasteful gearing overlap – perfect for gravel riding and racing. The unidirectional carbon fibre cranks feature a strong, durable 630-grade steel alloy crank axle – following the maxim of smartly mating strength and lightweight that is employed across the Ekar groupset. New ProTech™ technology joins the two semi-axles inside the bottom bracket, with a single, oversized bolt. Oversized stainless steel bearing sits on the crank, fixed on the semi-axles, for maximum smoothness and strength – and easily accessible for inspection and maintenance without the requirement to extract the cups.
CARACTERÍSTIQUES I AVANTATGES
- Lightweight, efficient, secure 1x system
- 2-piece cranks: steel axle & UD carbon arms
- 4 ring options: 38T, 40T, 42T, 44T
- Easy-change alloy rings – no crank disassembly
- 4 length options – 165, 170, 172.5, 175mm
- MPS™ Micro Precision Shifting System